Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day number 12 :: D-Now Girls


On Friday I started off my weekend with a D-Now group at first baptist church of ellisville. D-now is a weekend filled with worship, speakers, small groups and activites. There is pretty much no room for sleep, who needs it anyway?

About the picture :: I felt like a traitor getting all Mizzou-fied. But on Friday night of D-Now each grade level has a team to support and you need to be as creative as possible to have the most spirit. The host homes get CRAZY involved with this, including making it their personal responsibilty in tracking down the mascot....

These girls were simply AMAZING. I got them last year as well, so it was awesome to keep building our relationships. i know that I came to invest in them, but ultimately these girls witnessed to me. Getting to hear their side conversations with eachother about the nature, character and love of Christ made me want to cry (and I am not an easy crier!!) They were constantly there to encourage eachother and help eachother up when they fell (sometimes literally).

Oh, and these girls were FRESHMAN! I have strong hope for this generation... I cant wait to see where God is going to take them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment