Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day number eighteen :: Security Systems



You may be thinking... security systems? Really? But this post has a story to go along with it.

This night I was babysitting two preschoolers.. I have watched them regularly for about the past two years. Right before their mom left this time, she pulled me away from the children to remind me of the home security code. She also gave me a print out of all the neighbors numbers. Confused with all sudden new information, she told me that there have been several break-in's on the street she lived on within the week.

Was it too late to make an excuse why I had to leave?

Yes, it was too late. Seconds later she was out the door on the way to "date night" with her husband. Only a half an hour later the kids went to sleep and I was left to deal with a spooky, large and quiet house to myself. Each noise outside made me jump and when the dogs barked, I pretty much took cover.

Sitting there, scared, I realized how thankful I am for security systems. I knew if anything really did happen, alarms would sound and police would be there quickly. Thankfully it remained a quiet night of bed-time stories, checkers and "monster checks." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment