Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day number 20 :: Giving

(( I was going to take a picture of the "ornament" Im going to talk about .. But  I have lost it))

Today at church, an announcement was made by a member saying that the place she works at for under privledge homes was going to partner with us. In the back of the church was a Christmas tree with little paper ornaments with a gender, age and list of a few things that particular person wanted for Christmas. She told us that most of these families do not have electricity nor have an idea where their next meal comes from. All of the familes live in east stl and are in great need of help. Also, the lady at my church is going to personally deliver all of the gifts herself to the families... what a blessing!

I picked up one that was for a two year old little boy.
He wanted:
Socks
Pajamas
Craft Supplies
3T Clothing

Today I picked up for him two pairs of pajamas, six outfits, a baseball bat & ball, trucks, coloring books, crayons and bubbles.

I told you what I got because I wanted to jumpstart some of your own ideas. I pretty much got the little boy covered, but if you would feel led to donate anything (gift cards, girls clothing, toys, body gel... etc) I am positive they can find a good, loving home for it thiis Christmas.

Let me know if you want to donate anything and I will pick it up from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment