Monday, November 22, 2010

Day number twenty two :: Prayer

When I first became a Christian, five or so years ago, I didn't really like the idea of prayer. Don't get me wrong... I did pray. But I never really connected myself to Christ through that. To be real, I felt it more as a burden. It was just another person that I had to tell all my crap to.

Back in my 15 year old mind, I should have dug deeper. Why was it that praying was so hard to do? As I mentioned before, I was a "newbie Christian." The things I had done before I gave my life to Christ (and was currently going through) I wasnt the least bit proud of. I was afraid to confess and give it to Christ. If I would have seen a clear picture of Christianity, I would have seen a God that was yearning for me to come to Him and cling to Him. Instead, I saw a God who was waiting to smite me and tell me that I wasn't good enough for His grace.

And the thing is - I'm not. Nor will I ever be.

The funny thing about running from God, is that He knows exactly what is on my heart anyway, so I might as well give up from hiding. A speaker came to Chapel this semester and emphasized the fact that we GET to pray. We should be completely honored that Christ wants to have an intimate relationship with us and wants to hear our burdens and praises and comfort us when life just seems to suck.

Anyway, I choose prayer particularly for today because I was blessed with a couple opportunities to pray with people and be prayed for. It is a huge blessing for us as sisters and brothers to come together and pray....admitting that we cant go through this life without our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment